Saturday, June 26, 2010

What's Addelyn Doing at 13 Months?

I thought I should write a bit about what Addie is up to these days.  She is finally getting better at her nighttime sleep, and she usually only wakes up and needs mom or dad once a night now.  She sleeps from about 8:30 pm until 7:00 am.  She takes 2 naps everyday, usually for a total of 3 or 3 1/2 hours. When she's not sleeping, she is busy, busy, busy! 

She started to walk about three weeks ago. She has taken many steps, but usually only when coaxed or encouraged by mom or dad.  She still just prefers to crawl to get around - much faster, I guess. She still doesn't do a traditional crawl...she does a 1-legged scoot that's hard to describe.  I think it's a result of not wanting to put her knees on the hard tile floor...much more (well, not that much more since she's such a skinny-minny) padding on her bottom.

She knows where her ears, eyes, tongue, and teeth are.  She will brush her hair and teeth when I do, and likes to hold, rock, and feed her baby doll. She babbles all the time, although the only real words we've heard are da-da, mama, hi, and ba-ba. I swear I heard her say "balloon" the other day, but maybe it was just me.

She loves to play with Dakota, swing, play outside, and read books.  She likes going on outings and is so social - waves hi to everyone.  She loves bathtime!

She is finally starting to eat a little more, and her favorite foods are chicken, fish, pasta, blueberries, peanut butter, sorbet, and crackers - or anything salty. She also really likes spicy foods. Go figure...Jay and I love spicy foods!  She is starting to use her spoon and can drink out of a cup pretty well with just a little help.

She has two full teeth (center on bottom), and three on the top just broke through a week or so ago.  Her hair is getting longer, lighter, and curly. She is absolutely beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment