Monday, July 18, 2011

Addie's 4th of July, 2011

We celebrated the 4th of July in Sarasota this year.  Cousins Janice and Phillip stayed with us for the weekend, and we had a great time hanging with them on the beach.

On the 4th, we had brunch at our house with Grandma Julie, and then Jay, Janice, and Phillip went golfing.  Addie, Grandma Julie, and I crashed a local neighborhood 4th of July celebration. It totally reminded me of a small town South Dakota 4th of July...hot dogs, watermelon, corn on the cob, and snow cones - plus face painting, sack races, pony rides, fishing game, and a fire engine for the kids to climb on.  Addie had fun playing on the playground, fishing for prizes, and riding the pony. She had the cutest little outfit on that she got from her Grandma Kristi.

In the afternoon, Jay and I took Addie to another local playground to play. It's nice when we both have time to take her to do something together. Then we grilled out and had dinner at our house with Uncle Adam and his girlfriend Kellie, along with Janice and Phillip.  We even had our traditional fruit pizza dessert (which I remember from when I was a kid)!

Addie didn't last long enough to see the fireworks, but she had a fun day. It's so nice to spend those long, relaxing weekends with her.
















No comments:

Post a Comment