Addie had a particularly fun week this week, July 24-30, 2011. First, on Sunday, she went to her first movie in the movie theater with Jay and I. We saw Winnie the Pooh at the Sarasota Hollywood 20 Theater in downtown Sarasota. She was so exited to have her kiddie pack with popcorn, pink lemonade, and fruit snacks. She ate a TON of popcorn! She had to sit in my lap because she wasn't big enough to keep the seat from folding up on her....her little bottom would fall right through the opening between the seat and the back of the chair :)
This week she also got to make enchiladas with Grandma Julie. She liked rolling them up and putting on the "sprinkles" - chopped cilantro and green onions. I thought they were a little too spicy for her, but she loved them!
On Friday, Jay came home early at 3:00 so that I could work for a few hours. He took Addie on a "Daddy Date" to Lido Key. Addie was so excited when I told her she was going bye-bye with Daddy. First, they went to look for one of Addie's shoes that I lost this morning on our trip to Mote Marine (another fun thing she did this week!), but they couldn't find the shoe. Then they walked a little by the water, and then they went to South Lido Park so Addie could play on the playground. It's a very nice park with lots of shade. Then they walked around a little on St. Armand's Circle and went to Tango's to pick up some sushi takeout for supper. That night when Jay gave her a hug and kiss good night, he asked if she had a fun day. She said, "Thanks, Daddy, for takin' me to the park." It was so touching that she spontaneously thanked him for a little thing like taking her to the park. I think Jay will be taking her on a lot more Daddy Dates from now on!
Friday, July 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment