Addie just turned 28 months last week, and the biggest change these days is by far her language development. She is talking so much, and her pronounciation is getting clearer and clearer every day. Strangers are always commenting on how well she speaks for a 2-year-old. Here are some of her latest phrases:
I can't believe how many books I have. I just CANNOT believe it!
Have you seen my Pooh Bear book, by chance?
No, mama, that's ridiculous.
Aawww, Daddy. I'm so glad you're home. I love you and I missed you today!
Mama, I want some Snapple, Pop, Craps (Rice Krispies).
Daddy's workin' today at his job site.
Here comes Ko, the white beast! He's a maniac, and a bonehead, and a Labrador, and a monster!
Mama, could I have a bed-night snack? Just a tiny, tiny bit? Just one small sample? My tummy is hungry - see, listen, he's saying, feed me, feed me!
Awwww, I love your necklace (shirt, earrings, dress, etc). Where'd you get that from?
I could go on and on....it's so fun to hear what she comes up with these days.
After several weeks of vacations, houseguests, and some big changes (new nanny), things are finally settling down here in our household. We are looking forward to a relatively quiet fall. The summer was a whirlwind, and I think it's good for Addie to have some downtime. She has started toliet training, although she's still not completely interested. She started going to a ballet class once a week, which she loves - her favorite move is sashay, sashay, sashay. She also started up on her Music Together class - luckily it's a late afternoon class this fall so I usually can make it to her class.
We also started going to Parent-Child Circle at the Waldorf school once a week. Addie and I both love it. We play outside, make bread, and interact with the nicest group of children and their mothers. It's such a relief to get to know some other parents with a more similar, gentle parenting style that we try to foster.
Addie still loves the beach, puzzles, playing outside, puppets, dressup, and tons and tons of BOOKS! She will sit for at least 30 minutes at a time just reading through dozens and dozens of books by herself. She has the names of more than 100 of her books memorized. She absolutely loves reading and looking at her books. She also is really into painting, stamping, glitter glue, and markers right now. She loves her arts and crafts!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment